Would you like to go viral? Would you like to become a celebrity? Making a piece of content viral or bringing the brand to light is a dream of every marketer. However, proper guidance and a proper method can ultimately turn the dream into reality.
You perhaps have discovered multiple times that people getting famous on YouTube or other social media platform for their work. The work might be an honorable one or something crazy. But what is more important in this context is – “their content has gone viral and so are they”.
Now, the question that may strikes your mind is- “how to go viral?”
Is that what you are wondering? Well, we can read your mind.
In the era of internet, going viral is not a big deal. Several mediums are there that can be used in this purpose, or it will be better if we describe them as “social media platforms”. For example, it can be your YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, or other social media networks.
With the extension of the social media networks over the past few years, going viral is not at all a big game for the marketers. Just you have to learn the proper route to reach your goal. That’s it. Just start with one video or an image and observe the popularity.
One single video or post is enough to make or break your business. Yes, of course, if it is relevant and engaging then no one can hold you back from achieving your fame. But if it is of no use then you just can’t expect to go viral.
Even you must have tried multiple times to make your content viral and attain fame. But failed. Do you know why? Because you have the platform but you don’t know how to use the best of it.
Every day thousands of content are posted on the social media platforms with an aim to go viral. But unfortunately, only a few of them are lucky enough to attain the goal.
Guys, there is no magic in their content. Nor they use any secret guideline to create such content. They only follow some simple rules and tips to create their engaging content and to go viral. That’s it.
So, are you interested to learn how to go viral within a few seconds? Here we unfold the 7 steps.
- Know about your targeted audience: Wondering how to go viral on social media? Learning about your targeted audience and acting accordingly should be your prior need. Sharing content that is not relevant to your targeted audience will never generate positive results. This will be a complete wastage of your investment, bringing down your business sales and reputation.Moreover, if you know about your targeted audience, it becomes easier for you to create specific content based on your potential buyers. After all, the primary motive of the content is to seek the attention of the audience. If the audience is not satisfied with your work, they will simply scroll down their timeline irrespective of the fact that your content was highly attractive.Irrelevant content is not at all accepted by the users. Make sure you take care of it.
- Get in touch with them emotionally: Once you are well-aware of who the audience is, it is time to make an emotional connection with them. Remember, where nothing works, emotion does. It has the power not just to hold back people but compel them to take any kind of action.Content goes viral only when the reader performs any action. This includes sharing, liking, commenting, subscribing and so on. And the best way for this is to reach them emotionally.Now, what actually the term “emotionally” represents? Any idea?Being emotional in front of someone and making an emotional connection are two different things. You can easily showcase your emotions physically, but you have to be smart enough to do the same with your content. The more you add emotions to your content, the more will can turn your audience into potential customers.Some emotions that you can integrate into your content are like happiness, sadness, anger, wonder, surprise, fear, trust, and assurance.This step is considered the best way to go viral.
- Don’t forget to create user-generated content: Being a marketer, your first priority would be to create high engagement. Engagement is the primary key to going viral. And creating user-generated content takes the level of engagement beyond your expectation.Social media memes are highly in trend now and they are the best way to generate huge users. Funny memes that are shared on almost every social media platform, that includes Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter are one of the prominent examples of user-generated content.
Image Source: KnowYourMeme
You must not forget to take advantage.
- Make sharing a built-in feature into the campaign: Generally, what the marketers do – they create content based on their requirement and sit idle with a hope that it will go viral. Do you think this is the perfect way to bring your brand to fame? Do you think this works?It is often put into words, “if you fail to put your efforts, success will also fail to reach you”. The same is with your content. If you feel that posting content on a social media platform is enough to bring huge traffic to your site, you are wrong.The best way to generate huge traffic for that content is by integrating your content with sharing feature. This is how big brands work and generate more users. Content, no matter how impressive, how relevant, or how effective it is, it won’t go viral unless you share it. Hence, sharing built-in feature within content is what you need to make your content viral.
- Create engaging content: It is the content that creates engagement and it is the content that brings your brand into recognition. Hence you must not forget your content while thing about going viral. Isn’t it?To viral your content or your brand, your content has to be engaging, highly relevant, easy to understand, impressive, unique, and more importantly, it has to be effective.
Images Source: Jumper Media
Be it is your video content, image content, or any other visuals, the very first thing that attracts the reader is the headline. Make it prominent, clear, simple, and appealing so that readers find interest to go over the body.
Some tips for creating viral content are like –
Create content that is in high demand or highly in trend.
Don’t try to create content that is associated with negative events.
Use visuals like videos, images or infographics to make your content more attractive and impressive.
Use proper hashtags to create high engagement, especially when you are at Instagram and Twitter.
- Use the appropriate time to share your content: You can’t share content on social media whenever you like. No, we are not restricting you to perform as you like. We are just stating that posting or sharing content in an inappropriate time is ineffective.There is always a perfect time for everything. Sharing content when just a few social media users are active is not a productive approach. Otherwise, they will hardly reach your post, generating less engagement. Instead, you must wait for the time when almost 90% of the users are active and share your content.Additionally, some social media platforms are even featured with scheduling posts. You may take this benefit and schedule your post accordingly. But make sure you reach your targeted audience with your content.
Image Source: Hootsuite
Surprisingly, some marketing tools are designed to create viral content. Yes, you heard it right. We are talking about viral marketing tools that can be used to create engaging content.
You must be agreeing with the fact that marketing is all about reaching your targeted audience and turn them into potential customers. For this what you need is an advertisement that has the power to grab the attention of the audience.
Viral marketing tools make this easier and more convenient. Let us explore those tools that are in-charge of driving more traffic to the brand.
- LinkTrackr: This is one of the most powerful tools that is noted for creating viral content. What is viral content? The content (videos, images or any other posts) that reaches across the globe and are highly appreciated by the audience. But for this what is more important is to track the links over the web.Linktrackr allows you to find the exact location of your links and simultaneously, check out the status of the links – whether they are working or not. This affects engagement.Often the marketers find trouble in tracking the location of the links they have shared. Have you faced the same trouble? Then this tool will be the masterpiece for you.Many marketers use this particular tool to track their marketing campaigns that include ad campaigns or any event. It may worth every penny you spent.
- Tumblr: Another interesting viral tool is Tumblr. Don’t you have heard this name before? We guess yes. But you might be surprised finding the name in the list of viral marketing tools. Isn’t it?
Tumblr, as we all know, is a social media platform that allows users to share and post different multimedia files along with short blog content. This has made it popular for content marketing.
Tumblr can be the best for initializing a viral campaign. Just post an engaging, attractive, and relevant blog and observe the outcome. Make sure you create a relevant piece of content to go viral.
- OpenLinkProfiler: Next, is the OpenLinkProfiler. This tool is known for generating high viral traffic to the site and calculate the number of links that have been generated from other sites.Don’t you think it it is an amazing way to make competitive analysis? In this way, you get a proper idea to choose the target keywords for the specific audience. This makes it easy for you to rank your website high and get amazing results.
- TrendSpottr: TrendSpottr keeps you updated with the latest events or the occurrence over the web. Although it acts like Google Alerts, it is more than that. It offers a versatile and user-friendly dashboard to the users, offering you a platform that can create viral content.
Now since you have an overall idea about how to go viral, you embrace them to get the positive outcome. There is no sky-high technique to create viral content, just you need to focus on the facts that generate high engagement and reach your goals.