There is no doubt that the Apple iPad 4 mini is one of the best tablets you can buy in the market today. With more than five models, the company has sold more than 350 million iPads worldwide. However, like any other device, it sometimes doesn’t respond the way it should.
Users of iPad mini 4 model have been facing a frightening situation: the white screen.
The utterly white screen, or even with the black Apple logo in the centre, seems to be something serious. But, before you despair and look for an iPad mini four-screen replacement assistance, you must know everything about it.
Causes of the issue
Several internal failures can cause this “blackout” on your iPad mini 4: unsuccessful software updates, the presence of malicious code, hardware problems and falls, other physical accidents, etc.
What to do?
The first attempt to revive your iPad mini four should be with the hard reset. Hopefully, your iPad’s backup is up to date, as it will return to factory mode. To do the hard reset:
- Hold the “Start” and “Power” buttons simultaneously for 10 to 20 seconds.
- You will know when to release your fingers when you see the Apple logo on the screen.
- Releasing the iPhone will automatically restart.
If it didn’t work, it’s time to try to activate DFU mode, also known as Recovery Mode.
- To activate DFU Mode: turn off the device, press and hold the “Start” button while connecting the iPad to the computer. Don’t forget to leave iTunes open.
- With the iPad already plugged in, release the Start button until you see an icon representing the lightning cable pointing to the iTunes logo.
- The screen will turn black but do not be alarmed, it means that the device is already in Safe Mode.
If Recovery Mode repair has not worked, you can try using external software. (In general process):
- Open the program and connect your iPad to the computer.
- In the menu, click on the “Tools” option and then on the “Recover iOS system”.
- Press “Start” and to begin the repair process.
You must follow the instructions on the screen and then click “Repair” for the program to download the correct firmware. With that, your iPad should return to normal. If this does not happen, you will need to take your device for assistance.
The above tips are just for your concern. You can try these in attempt to become self-sufficient. If the problem are small, these can work. However, white screen is not the only problem that leads you to an iPad mini 4 screen replacement. The LCD can be damaged, cracked, faded, etc. Here is a straightforward truth: 1 out of 25 iPad screen can be repaired. How can anyone repair the broken glass and guarantee clear display? The screen is reparable only when the glass is intact. The problem is with other parts, such as connector, display pin, etc. The only possible way to get back the new display is by replacing the entire screen.